Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm still here

Is this thing on?  

Hi!  It's me - Bonnie.  I didn't fall off of the face of the earth - I've just been incredibly busy.  It seems like I never have a moment to myself anymore.  I'm not complaining - but my social life is out of control.  For example, Monday night I had Zumba, last night I had dinner with some neighbors, tonight I've got a meeting at church and then dinner after, and tomorrow night I've got choir practice at church.  Even on nights that I don't have plans, I try to go to the gym.  I've got to start making myself a priority.  Here is my inspiration:
That's me - about 45 lbs. ago.

Here is me now:
I know it's hard to tell from this angle, but I've lost 5 pants sizes so far.  And if I don't get back in the gym, I'm going to end up looking like that first pic again.

In other news, my husband lost his job back in November.  He's had a few interviews but it's a tough job market out there.  He had an interview yesterday that seemed to go really well - AND it's only about 6 miles from our house.  Please say a little prayer that this is the job for him. I don't want him to just find a job - I want him the find THE job.  He is so tired of working somewhere for a year or two and then having to change jobs. It would be nice for him to find something that he'll be at 10 years from now.

My work is going well.  Friday is our annual awards ceremony.  This year it's at the Georgia Aquarium.  That should be fun.  People are already complaining about it - UGH!  I'm just excited that I haven't been involved in the planning this year.  For the past four years, I've had to put the whole event on.  For about 350 people.  It's a beast.  It will be so nice to just be a participant this time. 

I'm going to try to post at least twice a week.  Will someone please hold me to it?

Have a great one blog buddies! (yes, I stole that from Ross Matthews)

1 comment:

  1. I will hold you to it Bonnie! Are you coming to MASH? It starts the 27th...call me or text we have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete