Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Old friends

Last night, I had dinner with two of my oldest friends.  No, I'm not calling them old - I've just been friends with them so long that I don't remember a time when I wasn't friends with them.

Dana and I grew up across the street from each other. She is married and has an adorable 2 year old son.  They still live across the street from my parents but we don't see each other nearly as often as we should.  We worked together for over 6 years and it was so nice having someone in the office who knew me so well.  I miss that - but not that job.  Dana's been through a lot in her life - her mom died very unexpectedly when Dana was in 6th grade and that made a huge impact on her life - as you can imagine.  She's quirky, but I love her.

Heather and I took tap and ballet together when we were 3-4 years old and have been friends ever since.  She moved to Boston for college, then moved home for a little while before moving back to the Boston area.  She got married two years ago and has a precious 9 month old daughter.  She had taken the train from Boston to Atlanta for her grandmother's 90th birthday.  I was at her wedding two years ago, her baby shower last year, and then dinner last night - all of which took place in the spring.  Heather is a free spirit and I love that about her.

Sometimes, it's nice to just be around people who "get" you.



No comments:

Post a Comment